CLTM Exam Eligibility Requirements
ABRET encourages and promotes quality technical and clinical standards world-wide for neurodiagnostic technologists and laboratories through certification and accreditation.
Being that you have either an R. EEG T. or an RET, you will need to have the following in order to apply for the CLTM exam:
- One year as an R. EEG T. or RET (Canadian EEG Credential)
- One year of Long Term Monitoring Experience after the EEG credential is earned.*
- Documentation of 50 LTM cases. Max of 3 cases per day.
- Current CPR/BCLS certification
- Read the CLTM Candidate Handbook (Acknowledgement of this will be required in the application process)
Login/create an account in Credential Manager to begin your application.
* Must include extensive experience and clinical knowledge of long term monitoring in epilepsy and critical care. Additional experience and knowledge of ambulatory EEG monitoring, epilepsy surgery including functional mapping, is also expected.
- Documentation of 50 LTM cases must be submitted (uploaded) with the application.
- Cases must have been monitored within the last 5 years, with 10% (5) within the last 12 months.
- No more than 10% (5) of cases may be ambulatory monitoring. Each admission may only be counted as one case, regardless of the number of days of monitoring.
- Documentation forms will be randomly audited. Incomplete or incorrect information may delay or negate eligibility.
After 3 unsuccessful attempts to pass the CLTM examination, candidates must wait 6 months and submit an additional 10 hours of ASET Continuing Education before again being eligible to test.
The CLTM credential is awarded for five years.
Technologists who perviously held a CLTM credential, and are taking the exam to reinstate a lapsed credential must meet all current eligibility requirements, and submit all required documentation.