This track was created to give working technologists the opportunity to take boards, to keep technologists in the field by recognizing their experience, and to support the workforce. A skill-based assessment of measurement for electrode placement will be a pre-requisite for this new pathway. This pathway and skill assessment are being added based on concerns expressed by technologists in the field, the ABRET Board of Directors, and eligibility petitions.
Official ABRET announcement
(1) EEG experience is defined as experience in clinical EEG for a period equivalent to 32 hrs/wk (1664 hrs). Sleep experience is not considered equivalent to clinical EEG experience.
(2) Once passed, candidates have two years to earn the R. EEG T.
(3) ASET Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) are a product of ASET (www.aset.org) and can be earned at any point during the EEG experience within the last 5 years. No more than 50% of hours may be earned from ASET journal quizzes.
- Candidates will select a location and time in the application form below. Locations will be spread across the United States, and more will be added as they become available.
- During this section, you will have 30 minutes to complete your 10-20 measurements on a Sam mannequin. No electrodes will be applied. The exam is measurement only.
- Marker, scratch paper, pencils, and tape measures are provided.
- Mark your landmarks. In order to pass, you must mark these 6 points clearly. FPZ, OZ, both pre-auricular points, nasion, and inion.
Practice your measurement by using the ABRET Measurement Form
Dates are added as the are confirmed. More coming soon!
February 8, 2020
ACNS Annual Meeting
March 21, 2020
ISET Annual Meeting
April 19, 2020
Newport Beach, CA
California Neurodiagnostic Society Meeting
April 25, 2020
St. Paul, MN
CSET Annual Meeting
This assessment is for those who do not hold an Associate's Degree or higher and have been in the field of neurodiagnostics full time for a minimum of four years.
No. The Measurement Assessment is an in-person exam.
You may view up-to-date testing locations in the application.
No. The Measurement Assessment is only a pathway towards exam eligibility for the R. EEG T.
No. Once you pass the Measurement Assessment ABRET will update your eligibility status in your Credential Manager account.
Two years from the date you passed the Measurement Assessment. This date will be noted in your Credential Manager account and email reminders will be sent out as well.
$20 for the initial exam, and $10 for a same-day retake.
Yes! Links for coinciding meetings are posted on the Measurement Assessment Application form. As a reminder, all EEG exam CEUs must be earned through ASET, or ACNS
Those who do not pass the Assessment will be able to re-register for the same day if they choose. Retakes will be at 2:00pm unless otherwise noted. Reserving your same-day time slot may be done through the pass/fail notification email.
Candidates may also opt to re-register for a different location and date.
Those who do not pass the same-day retake will need to select a new location through the online application form.